Thursday, February 28, 2013

Take up your cross and follow Christ

  I have been listening to the wonderful music of "Selah" this morning and I have been blessed to tears.  It seems as though they pick their songs from the depths of their soul.  I listen to them over and over again, but one particular song has been tugging at my heart strings for some time now.  It is a song about being the heart, hands and voice of Christ.  Going out into a broken world and caring about the souls of others.  

  Matthew 16:25-25 says .....if any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.  For whosoeer will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for My sake shall find it.

  To me this means that we should not be putting so much time and effort into earthly things, trying always to appease ourselves, but instead putting all that time and effort into following Christ.  What does that look like?  Drinking in His word(read, read, read), kneel in prayer, love others(family, friends, strangers) as you love yourself.  We already do this within our own homes.  We love and care for our spouses and our children with a deep, sacrificial love.  Now just let that extend beyond your four walls.  Prepare a warm meal for someone who is hungry, take clothes or blankets to someone who is cold, pray for those in need.  Care about the soul of another!

  Please click on the link and listen to this beautiful song!  I hope your as touched by it as I am!

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMaKpnKhHDk  

  What are we willing to do, to sacrifice, to follow Christ?  I deeply ponder my answer.  Lord, let your voice be heard through mine, let your love be felt by my giving to others, let the love of your heart shine brightly through me!  I praise His holy name!

2 comments:

  1. Good words. I am a big Selah fan, too.

    I am reading this the day after you posted it. My oldest woke up this morning humming Casting Crowns' "Jesus, Friend of Sinners", so it has been in my head and heart all day. Can't help but think it is a good partner for Selah's "BE". Not sure if a link will work here in the comments, but we'll try...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o95e7U0KvQ

    Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus, Friend of Sinners, love the words to that song. I have never watched the video, will do that now. Thank you so much Dulci, love you too friend!

    ReplyDelete