Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Learning through Literature

  Last year I attended my first Carole Joy Seid seminar.  Her approach to homeschooling is both exciting and proven successful!  She homeschooled her own son who has a master's degree from Wheaton College.  Her method is deeply rooted in rich literature.  Very similar to Charlotte Mason in her approach, she believes in great living books, lots of nature and not rushing your child.  I cannot begin to tell you how captivating she is as a speaker and how confident she is as a veteran homeschooler.  With each seminar, she provides her attendees with her booklists.  These lists alone are worth the price of admission! 

  Many parents begin reading to their children at a very early age.  Carole is telling you to continue doing what your child already loves!  Read them books that grab their heart, books that say something important and make them think.  Read them books that appeal to their imagination!  This.....is the makings of a great "Living Book".

  I have been homeschooling for 6 years now, but this is our first year using this literature based approach.  We are all loving it and I see us using it for many years to come.

  I encourage you to visit her website, CaroleJoySeid.com.  You can watch her videos on healthy eating, listen to small portions of her seminars(which you can also purchase), and while your there take a minute to click on the testimonials and read what others have to say.  You will leave encouraged and inspired!

 

2 comments:

  1. So are you planning to attend another seminar this year? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, Lord willing! She will be in Tennessee again in April and I'm almost giddy with excitement. Let me know if you want to come too! I would love it!

    ReplyDelete