Friday, February 1, 2013

Frugal Friday

  It's Friday!  I can't believe this week is already gone.  Before I had children and went off every day to an office job, I can remember being so excited for Friday to come because that meant date night with hubby and time to catch up on laundry and endless television.  Well(with a laugh), those days are long gone!  But, here to stay, are the days of dirty floors and windows, little giggles and more hugs than any mommy could ask for!  Did I mention that there is more laundry now too.  Lots and lots more laundry! 

  These days I look forward to Fridays for much different reasons.  Now, the weekend means that daddy doesn't have to go anywhere and the three littles get to take full advantage of the fact that they all have him wrapped around their fingers.  This is a man who has literally fixed three different things for lunch just to please each child(this wins lots of points with littles)!  The same man who refuses to wear a pink shirt, but lets his daughter paint his toenails pink......with SPARKLES!  He will also watch hours of terrible cartoons at the simple request of the baby(no whining needed).  He has taken the Hunter's Safety Course with our oldest and loves it when they can go hunting or fishing together.  To see him brush his little girl's hair after her bath or put pajamas in the dryer, just so they're warm when the boys get out of the tub.  This is the man I married.  This is the man who loves our children.  And thankfully, this is the man that God sent to make our weekends more special!

  All of this to say:  You don't have to spend a lot of money to have fun!  I have a lot to learn about being more frugal, but here are a few things that we've done so far.  We have done away with satellite tv and gone to Netflix.  We have done away with a home phone because we only use our cell phones.  We don't eat out very much, I do a lot of cooking.  And, I like to use my clothes line whenever possible.  There are also things that I am learning more about that will help us to be more frugal in the future.  Gardening, canning, and growing and drying herbs.  There are so many ways that we can save money.  I want to challenge you, over the next month, to find one way that you can save money!  Then just build on that!  Good luck!

  

 

1 comment:

  1. I love being cheap... errr, I mean, frugal! Cooking at home is the best way to save money, hands down!

    Also, asking hubby to pick up those little necessities like bread and milk on the way home from work is another good way to cut expenses. That not only saves me gas and time, but also, I seldom come out of the store without a few extras. DH, on the other hand, gets ONLY what's on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete