Friday, March 1, 2013

The $5.00 bill savings plan

  The $5.00 bill savings plan.  Has anyone heard about this?  What you do is, anytime you find that you have a $5.00 bill in your possesion, you set it aside instead of spending it.  Save it, somewhere.  Maybe in an envelope in your sock drawer or something, but save it.  Eventually all those $5.00 bills will add up.  Apparently there was a woman who did this and at the end of a year she had saved $12,000.00 - WOW!  I'm guessing she came across a lot more $5.00 bills than I will, but I am going to give my first challenge.  Who's with me?  Join my $5 bill savings plan challenge!  I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

  If $5 is too much, you could also do $1.00 bills!  I am thinking that there has to be a better way to afford a vacation or a more expensive purchase besides putting it on a credit card.  Now only savings $5 at a time may take me a while to save much, but I'm up for it!  By not charging your credit card and accruing interest, you would be making a frugal decision!  By waiting until you have saved, to spend your money, you know that you are not acting on impulse(delayed gratification).  Not buying on impulse is also a great way to be frugal.

  In about six months or so, I will let you know how I've done so far.  Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment