Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Something Yummy

  Well, I totally fell off the blogging boat yesterday!  I was so busy and by the evening exhaustion quickly set in.  It was such a long day that I fed my poor family scrambled eggs and Sister Schubert's rolls for supper - that's pitiful!  But, leading up to that sad little dinner, was a very fun and eventful day.  It started with a 60 mile road trip to get some great curriculum on clearance.  We enjoyed all there was to see, a large part of our drive was along the river, very beautiful!  So many little giggles filled my car yesterday because we also very much enjoyed each other's company.  We were off to Chick-fil-a next for the kiddos, then back to the grocery to pick up a few necessities.  After supper, I had to get hubby's clothes ironed for the next day(yes, I'm an ironer), threw in a load of laundry, loaded the dishwasher and it was nearly time to put little ones to bed - whew!  Today........not much different than yesterday!  I did, however, let the littles plan our meals for the next 3 nights.  This took a huge load off my shoulders and thankfully they are very easy to please.  Gage picked first and it was dirty rice, peas and corn - I can do that!  Macy was next and it was baked chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans and more Sister Schubert's rolls.  Then, it was Dawson's turn......wait for it......$5.oo pizza from Little Ceasar's!  Where did I go wrong?

  Since it is another Tasty Tuesday, I want to share with you how to make a simple compound butter.  This is what I will use on the whole chicken that Macy picked for this week.  All you need is a stick of softened butter(I totally recommend the real stuff) and 2 tablespoons of any combination of herbs and spices that you like.  I also add a little salt and pepper to taste.  Just combine all your ingredients together in one bowl and you now have a compound butter.  There are several things that you can do with it.  With the chicken I will use Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning Mix and some salt and pepper in my butter.  I will gently run my finger in between the flesh and skin of my chicken to seperate and then I will place the butter under the skin and press gently.  I also use some of the butter to rub on the outside of the bird for more flavor, then bake.  

  You can also reform your butter by rolling it up in some plastic wrap and putting it back in the fridge.  This method would be great for a chive butter that could be sliced and then put over a hot cob of corn.  You could even place a pat of this butter on top of a steak, fresh off the grill!  Just the thought of it makes me smile!  Don't be afraid to get creative.

Hope your Tuesday is very Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment