Monday, February 4, 2013

Learning from our children

  As a mother, so much of my time is spent in the instruction and discipline of my children.  It is, after all, our job to teach them.  I think so often though, that our children teach us, if we would just sit back and take notice.

  Hubby and I were married almost 9 years before Gage was born.  This gave us plenty of time to develop habits and become very set in our ways.  Now, three children later, I can honestly say that I have learned so much from them.  Have you ever noticed that the world looks much nicer through the eyes of a child.  The colors are brighter!  I have learned to see and appreciate their innocence and I long to preserve it!  I have learned to slow down because children do not get in a hurry.  I have learned to stop and listen to the birds sing and smell the flowers(literally).  Most recently, I even relearned the joy of sledding in the snow, and laughter......lots and lots of laughter!

  Most importantly, I have learned the true meaning of unconditional love.  I now know what was in the heart of my own mother when she gave us a hug, held our hand or mended what we thought was broken.  I have learned that it is with this innocence and pureness of heart that we are to approach the feet of our Lord, Jesus Christ! 

  Don't spend so much time talking that you fail to hear what your children are saying!  God gave them to us as a blessing!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment