Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Weather Advisory

  Yucky weather in Tennesse today.  My dear husband, who never misses a day of work, even stayed home because the roads were so bad.  Now normally, he would not hesitate to jump into his vehicle and take off, no matter the conditions outside.  With that said, I'm going to give you a small glimpse into what our life is really like.

  My husband has a large truck that uses A LOT of gas and I have an SUV.  Several months ago he bought a car for $450.oo, yes less than $500.oo, to drive back and forth to work.  Now granted, all the windows don't roll down and it needs some obvious work, but it does get him from point A to point B using little fuel!  This car has saved us so much money, but is not ideal to drive in nasty weather.  So why not drive his truck to work, you might be thinking - because the defrost does not work!  Why not jump in momma bear's truck and drive to work - because my truck has a brake pad that is stuck and can't be driven either!  Three vehicles and no way to get anywhere, hahaha!  THIS IS MY LIFE!  WOULDN'T TRADE IT!

  Since hubby had a day off, the kids got a day off too.  And me, well everybody knows that mommies don't get a day off - te he!  I've been doing laundry all day, because I meant it when I said the piles were endless.  I have to admit though, I could not be more thankful for a house full of "lovies" that dirty up said laundry!  Oh, how I love them so!

No comments:

Post a Comment