Thursday, January 24, 2013

Why we homeschool

  We are homeschoolers!  And yes......I mean no, we are not weird.  My oldest, Gage, is 11.  He is a deer hunting, Star Wars loving, tender hearted, instigator.  Then there's Macy, she is a fashion loving 25 year old, trapped in a 9 year old tomboy's body.  Finally, the baby, Dawson.  He is 7 and loves to cuddle and give lots of hugs.  Guess what else he loves?  He loves to whine when he wants something.  Did I mention he's the baby?  While I'm being bluntfully honest.....I adore these kids!

  Homeschooling can be so rewarding most days, but also very challenging.  But, let me tell you what I love most about it:  We can have God in our school, I get to be their primary influence, far less peer pressure, I can cover the same lesson as many times as I need to until they get it, and last but not least, they will never have to get completely undressed in a locker room full of strangers just to have PE.

                                        

  Now don't get me wrong, I don't think everybody has to homeschool their children.  I even grew up with a public school teacher father.  It was the best decision for us and something that I felt truly led to do.  We school at home for lots of reasons, but I revel in the fact that I can protect the innocence of my little ones for as long as possible.  Makes my heart smile!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to blogging! So glad that I can keep tabs on you now! :)
    Just a thought... You ought to pose for a picture like the kids posed here and have that for your profile pic! Ha! Love it!
    :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dulci! Love the pic idea, might just try that!

      Delete