Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This Day

  Have you ever heard it said that, YESTERDAY is history, TOMORROW a mystery, and today is a GIFT, that's why it is called the present"?  I'm not really sure where this quote came from.  Some say it is from a book by Allice Morse Earle, back in 1902, while others say it came from the lips of Eleanor Roosevelt.  Either way, it bestows great wisdom.

  Did you know that in the Bible, the book of Isaiah (43:18) tells us, "Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past (YESTERDAY)".  Matthew (6:34) tells us to "not worry about TOMORROW; for tomorrow will care for itself".  And James (1:17) says , "Every good thing given and every perfect GIFT is from above". 

  I am often overwhelmed with all the tasks that are supposed to fit between morning coffee and bedtime.  I often pray for help!  Right now Lord, I just ask that you please help me to use this day, wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment