Monday, January 28, 2013

Wife and Mommy Monday

  These two words, "wife" and "mommy", are words that I love to hear.  They are each a person that I love to be.  I've decided to reserve Mondays to talk about one or both of these honorable roles.  Today, I pick wife!  I have been a wife for more than 20 years.  Hubby and I married quite young.  He was 21 and I was 18.  All these years later, I am very thankful that we did.  We both were the babies in our families and we both had a lot of maturing to do.  Marrying early allowed us to grow and mature together and develop a bond and trust that still exists today.  I am thankful for what our marriage has become, one deeply rooted in love and respect for one another.  Yes, it has had lots of highs and lows, tears have been shed and fights have been fought.  We have fussed, well I have fussed, but we have always worked out every situation.......together.  My hubby is a soft and kind man.  He is patient with me and lives to make me laugh!  I am his easily frazzled, yet very adorable wife!

  It is my heart's desire to be a godly wife to my husband, I adore him.  I always want to be respectful of him, 1)because I love him and 2)because the Bible tells me to.  I want to be pleasing to him and take care of him.  I want to pray for him.  I also want to be kind and respectful to his mother because she raised him into the man that I fell in love with! 

  Choose kind words, be respectful, cook his favorite meal!  Show your husband, in a special way, that you love him!

  Ephesians 5:33 ...and she must see to it that she respects her husband.(NASB)

  I highly recommend the book, "The 5 love languages", by Gary Chapman.

**Coming tomorrow:  Tasty Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment