Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Cleaning Tips

  As I mentioned yesterday, I am starting my spring cleaning.  I am a strange bird when it comes to cleaning as I tend to make things look worse before they look better.  I remember when I was growing up that my mom used to tell me that I tear everything down, then put it all back together.  You can imagine that this would be a little time consuming. 

  I don't really have a strategy when it comes to cleaning, but I have learned that I am a "one room at a time" kinda girl.  I have also learned that because I spend so much time doing dishes and picking up the living room, that when I do spring clean, I like to start at the back of the house first.  Just a change of scenery I guess! 

  I have found lots of great tips on Pinterest and I am determined to try out a few.  I want to try mixing a few drops of essential oil(maybe lavender) with baking soda, sprinkle it over our mattresses, then just vacuum it off after about an hour.  I also want to try the all-natural oven cleaner recipe that I found, instead of using so many chemicals.  I would really love to master washing my pillows and not having them come out looking like the caricature art where they have really big heads and really small bodies!  Wish me luck!

  If you have not yet found your inspiration to start spring cleaning your house(I am having company soon), I am going to post a link that has some great tips to get you started.  And, just in case you were wondering, there is lots more laundry to do!

http://myblessedlife.net/2011/03/10-simple-spring-cleaning-tips.html

  I am off to put that load of towels in the dryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment