Monday, April 29, 2013

Mommy Monday - 51 Ways to Bless Your Child

  Being a stay at home and homeschooling mommy, I am rarely away from my children.  My days are filled with the most tender hugs and kisses, sweet little voices that say, "I love you, mommy", lots of cuddles and even occasional smiles from precious little faces when our eyes meet.  These moments are truly treasured and will one day be missed beyond measure.  But, if I am being totally honest, we all know that there is also lots of correcting, discipline, saying the word "NO", and trying to keep my patience.

  I cannot begin to tell you how seriously I take the role of motherhood and like most mothers, I fear failing at it!  I want my children to have old fashioned values, believe in absolutes, respect those that are older, and mostly I want them to have a true "love" relationship with Jesus Christ.  I don't want motherhood to be my job, I want it to be my joy!

  My joys, the past few days, have been spending one on one time with Dawson(7) when we went to the Library together, standing at the pantry and having Gage(11) walk up and wrap his arms around me, and having Macy(9) climb into bed in the early hours of the morning, snuggling up to me, and having her tell me that my hair smells so good.  These moments are priceless!

  Today I am posting a link that gives us 51 ways to bless our children! 

http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com/2012/11/51-things-you-can-do-that-will-bless.html

  I pray that your journey of motherhood is also a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment