Tuesday, April 16, 2013

By Faith.....

  Today, instead of talking about myself, I am talking to myself.  I am telling me that I need to have more faith, and this is what I have learned:

  Hebrews 11:1 says that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

  This same chapter says that by faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God.
  By faith, Abel offered a better sacrifice that Cain.
  By faith, Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death.
  Without faith, it is impossible to please Him.
  By faith Noah, being warned by God, prepared an ark.
  By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed.
  By faith, Sarah received ability to conceive.
  By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac.
  By faith, Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau.
  By faith Jacob, as he was dying, worshiped!
  By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents.
  By faith, he refused to be called the son of Paraoh's daughter.
  By faith, they passed through the Red Sea as though they were passing through dry land.
  By faith, the walls of Jericho fell down.
  By faith, Rahab the harlot did not perish along with those who were disobedient.

  The Bible also tells us that we are saved and justified by faith, we are to walk by faith, and live by faith in the Son.  In 1 Thess 5:8 it says that we are to put on the breastplate of faith.  James tells us that when we pray, we should ask in faith without any doubting. 

  I want the faith of these men and women of the Bible!  And I am excited to tell you that God says, "if you have the faith of a mustard seed....nothing will be impossible to you".

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Stacie!! How so very true. Just a little bit of faith goes a long way!!!

    ReplyDelete