Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A loved staple in my pantry

  I love to cook!  It makes me feel good to see others enjoy something that I have prepared or to hear my littles tell me that I am the best cook in the whole world.  I care for my family in many ways, but providing warm and healthy meals for them is one of my favorites. 

  I love the Food Network, I love kitchen stores, I love thumbing through cookbooks, I love that I have a friend who sells Pampered Chef, I love it when my mom buys me spoons and spatulas to cook with, and I love to gather around the table with people I hold dear!  Even the Bible talks about breaking bread and being hospitable......I love that too!

  Today I'm going to share with you the easiest and most versatile food that I always have in my pantry.  Carb haters beware!  It is Jasmine Rice. 

  We love this stuff!  I always start with olive oil and an onion.  Finely chop your onion and sautee it in the oil until it starts to caramelize(brown around the edges).  Now just follow the directions on the bag, but instead of using water to cook your rice in, you need to use chicken broth(or vegetable broth).  This adds so much flavor and makes all the difference. 

  This rice is so much better than white rice and can easily stand alone, but there are so many great ways to add it to your main dish.  We have added ground venison and made dirty rice, roasted vegetales and tossed with it, it even goes great with salmon or as a fried rice.  Sometimes we even order some Teriyaki Chicken(just some awesome chicken on a stick) from our local Chinese Restaurant and have it with this wonderful rice.  The possibilities are endless.

  Bon Appetit!   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment