Monday, January 5, 2015

It's a New Year

  My first post on the first Monday of the New Year with my new Blog name!  Woohoo!  Since this is "Wife and Mommy" Monday, I want to talk about the things that I want to do this year to make me better in those roles.  It seems as though lately that time is just getting away from me, no matter how hard I try to make my life simpler, things often seem so chaotic.  So, as you can imagine, prioritizing is on the top of my list! 


  I love a simple life and I think that I will forever be attempting to stay on top of this.  In the New Year I would love to be better at meal planning and I would love to use my crockpot more.  Meal planning makes me feel a bit more frugal.  We only grocery shop twice a month, other than the occasional gallon of milk or other small necessity, so planning ahead really is helpful but I am not always good at planning ahead.  I have meal planned before and it works very well for me, but I don't do it often enough.  I also don't use my crockpot often enough.  It makes life so much easier......WHAT AM I THINKING!  I have so many pins on Pinterest for crockpot meals, I am fixing to put those bad boys to good use.


  Other things that I would like to do this year......I would like to be healthier, start an exercise routine, and I would love to go on more dates with my husband.  I would love to be softer and more gentle with my children.  I would also love to spend more time in prayer and reading my Bible.  I want to sit at the feet of Jesus, draw near to Him, and patiently listen for His voice.  Lord, please let this be THAT year!


  I would like to wish you all the best on all of your endeavors in the coming year, I hope each one is fulfilled beyond your wildest dreams!  Live a little, step out of your box, but always hold close the ones you love!


  HAPPY NEW YEAR!


   

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post from a beautiful heart. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Sue, so thankful for you and your precious heart! Love you too sweet friend!

      Delete