Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Love for my children

  I have pondered, so much lately, the love that I have for my children.  I see young mothers with their babies or hear the cries of little ones in the grocery and I go to that place.  It's a small place, I think, but it lives deep in my heart.  It is that place where I can feel the tiny heartbeat of my baby as it sleeps on my chest, I can feel and smell their sweet small breath on my face.  It is a place where their tiny head rests gently in the bend of my arm and their little body fits perfectly in my arms.  It is a place where their small warm hand touches my face and their wet puckered lips kiss my cheek.  This wonderful place is filled with tender hugs, precious smiles and the love of a mother's heart.  

  I love this memorable place and sometimes it even makes me long for another child, but how truly and deeply thankful I am for the three precious children that God gave me!  It is in these times of pondering that the chaos and struggles of life just seem to melt away.  The long days seem too short and the important things rise to the surface.  These are the moments when love shines most brightly.  

  I have always admitted that I am a very sentimental person, I guess this post is proof of that.  I just know that I want these memories, feelings and smells, to be burned in my mind for as long as I live!  I know that I don't want motherhood to be a job with distinct tasks, but instead, I want it to be a joy!  Psalm 4:7 says, "Thou hast put gladness in my heart..." and Psalm 23:5 says, "...my cup runneth over."

  Thank you Lord for the gift of motherhood!

1 comment:

  1. How so very true, Stacie!! Sometimes, we think, well I will remember that or this but in reality we tend to forget oh so easily!!

    ReplyDelete