Wednesday, July 3, 2013

We Homeschool Wednesday - Homeschooling for Free

    When I first started homeschooling, I came across a book called "How to Homeschool your child for free".  It is full of websites where you could go to print off worksheets or get help with math problems, etc.  With a few years of experience under my belt, I have found that my local Library is the best "free" resource that I have.  This year I will use 2 brand new math books that I purchased for $15.00 each(each book even contains two grades) called Practical Arithmetic, a borrowed Apologia Science book, and our Library along with many books that have been bought used over the years.

  I feel confident schooling with just these items because I have learned so much by going to seminars, reading books, and by seeking out information from other homeschoolers and the internet.  When I first started, I needed a curriculum to lay things out for me and tell me what I needed to do next.  I also feel that I will need that again when I approach the high school years.

  With all that being said, I was very excited when I was introduced to Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool: http://allinonehomeschool.com/ !  A complete homeschool curriculum for grades K-12, day by day schedule, with suggested resources.........ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!  This is a mom who began writing her own lessons for her older children and realized if she kept it all, her younger children could also use it as they were coming up.  Then she thought, why not share it with everyone!  If you are looking for day to day guidance, and especially if you are on a tight budget, please check out Easy Peasy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment